PC gaming.
  • Gotta watch some youtube how tos, but Launchbox is pretty good. Gonna see if I can get bigbox working this arvo.

janj44L.png
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Kisses Jimmy on The Lips.

And I can add the shortcut to launchbox because I need to switch profiles between top down games and FPS.

Done, lovely workaround. Got a pic of a controller so it looks neat in launchbox.

• @cockbeard is it you who uses launchbox. It has music options, trying to see if it's a good spot to put bandcamp flacs.
  • @gurt. So after faffing with mods I can get cities running great and looking great, but now I notice that there's a big diff in performance on laptop screen vs TV screen. Can run the dynamic res mod at 130% and maintain passable framerate on monitor, but on TV it chugs to a halt.

I assume the extra res is wasted on a oldish HD TV so I should drop the settings?
  • Fuckin gotta hate when you forget to plop games on D drive and fill the ssd for programs only. While lot of fixing pathways followed when I moved.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I put some games on my SSD - gotta love them sexy load times ...  Depends on the game tho, obvs...
  • Facewon wrote:
    @gurt. So after faffing with mods I can get cities running great and looking great, but now I notice that there's a big diff in performance on laptop screen vs TV screen. Can run the dynamic res mod at 130% and maintain passable framerate on monitor, but on TV it chugs to a halt. I assume the extra res is wasted on a oldish HD TV so I should drop the settings?

What is the res of the two screens? You could try a few things like running at a lower internal resolution, and using a bit of Nvidia sharpening in the drivers settings if that's what you have as a GPU. Depends on how close you are to the screen as to how noticeable the blurriness from using a non native resolution will be.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck me learning mouse and keyboard is tough after 15 years with a controller. Getting better but i keep hitting caps lock and panicking when in a hectic firefight.
  • Facewon wrote:
    @gurt. So after faffing with mods I can get cities running great and looking great, but now I notice that there's a big diff in performance on laptop screen vs TV screen. Can run the dynamic res mod at 130% and maintain passable framerate on monitor, but on TV it chugs to a halt. I assume the extra res is wasted on a oldish HD TV so I should drop the settings?

What is the res of the two screens? You could try a few things like running at a lower internal resolution, and using a bit of Nvidia sharpening in the drivers settings if that's what you have as a GPU. Depends on how close you are to the screen as to how noticeable the blurriness from using a non native resolution will be.

Turned out I was right enough. That dynamic res mod is brilliant. Has a framerate counter in game while you move cam around.

Not worth doing extra shines on the TV, so drop mod settings to 90% and switch on the option to use less vram. Runs like a champ.

Ramp it back up when on monitor.

• Persona 4 Golden is apparently coming to steam this weekend. Looking forward to it as its the one that people really love.
  • It's brilliant.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Being a Japaneese teenager isn't for everyone
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s also not good for your health.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol. Soooooon. (Talos Principle has its claws in atm...)
    Talos is so good. Best ever final level of anything ever.

Need to treat a little carefully here, but @yourfavouriteuncle can you help check I get to this level...?
    Spoiler:
  • Frosty wrote:
    Persona 4 Golden is apparently coming to steam this weekend. Looking forward to it as its the one that people really love.

Fuck, nice!

One of the best game ever made, that. Anyone who hasn’t played it yet should get on it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought the Minecraft RTX beta was free? But it seems insistent I log in, in order to get to the marketplace where you seen to bed to download the RTX world's from. All noob though, so an I don't it wrong? Or do I need to cough up the £24.99?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol. Soooooon. (Talos Principle has its claws in atm...)
    Talos is so good. Best ever final level of anything ever.

Need to treat a little carefully here, but @yourfavouriteuncle can you help check I get to this level...?
    Spoiler:

Sorry, I’ve only just seen this. There’s obviously a couple of different endings but yeah,
    Spoiler:

I think you can reload your save if you chose to do what you’re asked anyway.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup went up. Was kinda fun, though frustrating it's time limited! Had to replay most of it :-(
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I thought the Minecraft RTX beta was free? But it seems insistent I log in, in order to get to the marketplace where you seen to bed to download the RTX world's from. All noob though, so an I don't it wrong? Or do I need to cough up the £24.99?

You need to own Minecraft though? To be able to do anything other than the basic 2 hour demo
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I thought it was free free for some reason. I do not own Minecraft. Oh well.
  • Looking for some advice
    Have an isp router but the appartment is all concerete so have dLan 1200's powerline to spread the wifi around the place (wired to the router).
    Any idea if upgrading my router will give me much of a boost?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Look into Mesh WiFi

I did a load of research into it but Vodafone (my ISP) doesn’t play well with it so didn’t buy one in the end but they do make a massive difference to the walls problem. Let em find the video of the guy on YouTube who seems quite expert.

This was install he did in his own house so you have some real world context.

https://youtu.be/jXuKnOJpp2g
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I discretely cabled a second router to another part of the house and use it as a second access point. It's a really good Asus router so it really did the job. I tried repeaters and power plugs thingies and none of them were any good as I was losing up to 70% of the wifi signal. The cabled router completely solved the problem - the only small downside is that if you're connecting via a mobile device, it needs to switch connections. But as that's automatic these days it's not really a problem at all.
  • Powerline stuff relies on the quality of the powerline. It's mostly great, but if you cop bad wiring, ouch.

Not specifically for what you asked, but having forked out on a good router/modem (nighthawk) it's been a revelation as far as general net performance. Wifi and lan. It's just better all round.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    But also, in my previous apartment, I had a similar problem and swapping out the router that the ISP had given me for my own Asus one completely solved that problem too. If you can buy one that you can return immediately if it doesn't do the job then you should check out that option first. Don't get a cheapy option though as that won't solve anything. 

Edit: What Face said.
  • I can vouch for mesh WiFi, specifically Amazon’s eero - completely transformed our coverage.
  • Mesh WiFi is absolutely the way to go.  My house is pretty large and was almost impossible to sort before yet now it’s pretty flawless.
  • I pay for 100Mb but rarely got above 50, even close to the router - now I can get at least 75, anywhere and with a signal that now goes out into my garden. So it’s not just the coverage, it’s fast everywhere too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think my plan is to change isp then get a decent WiFi setup.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Started working my way through the itchio games. There's a fair few of the big hitters I've played like Minit, Night In The Woods, Celeste, Cook Serve Delicious and others, but I've started with a solid 10 or so I've been interested in, including Octodad, Nuclear Throne, Signs of the Sojourners, Anodyne, 2064 and a few others. They're all fairly well known, but I'll dig in as I go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!